Al posto dei Fiori 2019 Coste della Sesia Rosato Le Pianelle
Cristiano Garella’s winemaking skills allow for a wonderful rosé to be obtained from grapes, which normally deliver solid reds (see above). It has depth and freshness, a beautifully aromatic nose, and a rather discrete acidity, that makes it easy to drink. Rather deep, lively pink, pleasant to the eye and revelatory that this is a rosé which, if it were obliged to choose between resembling a white or a red wine, would not hesitate in responding RED!
Best explanation to all this juiciness and depth comes from the description on how it is made.
• 50% of the must cold macerated (38-39 °F) using dry ice for 48 hours, after that vertical pressing
• 50% of the must directly pressed
• 90% of the must fermented in stainless steel tank for 34 days at low temperature (53-55 °F), 10% fermented in a Stockinger’s oak cask 1,500 litre dimension.
• Malolactic fermentation: not done.
• Aging: 4 months in stainless steel
• Bottling: last week of February 2019
• Total production: approx.. 10,000 bts (0.75 l) and 500 magnums (1.5 l)
Life expectancy: 15 years