Al posto dei Fiori 2019 Coste della Sesia Rosato Le Pianelle
Cristiano Garella’s winemaking skills allow for a wonderful rosé to be obtained from grapes, which normally deliver solid reds (see above). It has depth and freshness, a beautifully aromatic nose, and a rather discrete acidity, that makes it easy to drink. Rather deep, lively pink, pleasant to the eye and revelatory that this is a rosé which, if it were obliged to choose between resembling a white or a red wine, would not hesitate in responding RED!
Best explanation to all this juiciness and depth comes from the description on how it is made.
• 50% of the must cold macerated (38-39 °F) using dry ice for 48 hours, after that vertical pressing
• 50% of the must directly pressed
• 90% of the must fermented in stainless steel tank for 34 days at low temperature (53-55 °F), 10% fermented in a Stockinger’s oak cask 1,500 litre dimension.
• Malolactic fermentation: not done.
• Aging: 4 months in stainless steel
• Bottling: last week of February 2019
• Total production: approx.. 10,000 bts (0.75 l) and 500 magnums (1.5 l)
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.